WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE?
• Your facial growth is complete
• You are physically healthy
• You don't smoke
• You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
During your rhinoplasty recovery, a splint and/or packing may be placed inside your nose and a splint or bandages placed on the outside to support and protect the new structures during initial healing.
You will be given specific instructions that may include:
• How to care for the surgical site
• Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
• Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
• When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
• Are stitches removed? When?
• When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
• When do I return for follow-up care?
While initial swelling subsides within a few weeks, it may take up to a year for your new nasal contour to fully refine. During this time, you may notice gradual changes in the appearance of your nose as it refines to a more permanent outcome.
As your body ages, it is natural to have some gradual changes to your face including your nose. A healthy lifestyle and life-long sun protection will help extend the results of your new appearance. Get more information about Blepharoplasty by calling at HD Esthetique 305-668-2853 (South Miami) or 305-548-4005 (Coral Gables).
WHAT IS RHINOPLASTY
Rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a "nose job" or "cosmetic nose surgery" by patients, enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
• Nose size in relation to facial balance
• Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
• Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
• Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
• Nostrils that are large, wide, or upturned
• Nasal asymmetry